Location: Rawa Island, Johor
– Flight to Senai International Airport, followed by a 2-hour car ride to Mersing. From Mersing, take a 20-minute boat ride to Rawa Island.
– 4-hour drive from KL to Mersing.
– 4-hour drive to Mersing (including the checkpoints you’d have to pass through).
Wedding venues & capacity: Up to 60 pax
About: “Rawa” means pied imperial pigeon in colloquial Malay. It is a type of white pigeon which is native to the island. It is said that the beach here is untouched and its ocean has 100% coral cover.
The Rawa Island Resort takes entry by reservation only. Because the resort is located on a private island, it is not open to the public. Thence, this is a great destination for couples looking for a private wedding with family and close friends.
THE WESTIN DESARU COAST RESORT
Location: Southeast Johor
– 4 hour drive from KL via North-South Expressway.
– 1-hour flight from KLIA to Senai International Airport and a 1-hour shuttle bus ride to the resort.
– 2-hour drive via Causeway
– 1.5-hour ride on a coach bus
Wedding venues & capacity:
Beach: Up to 60 pax (dinner), 100 pax (ceremony)
Lawn: Up to 150 pax
Beach wedding package:
Ceremony: RM5,000 for 30 pax (with 80 pax and above, the couple is eligible to get additional benefits)
About: The Westin Desaru Coast Resort opened its doors to the public in April this year. Couples have the option of having a beach wedding or a garden wedding here. Among the many perks of the wedding package here is the complimentary use of the resort’s beautiful space for your pre-wedding photoshoot.
The resort is also accessible to various tourist spots such as the Adventure Waterpark. Just a mere 5-minute drive away, this waterpark features one of the biggest wave pools in the world. Apart from that, there’s also the 45-hole golfing paradise designed by 4-time Major Champion, Ernie Els, for those who love to golf.
Your guests can keep themselves entertained with activities like snorkeling, kayaking, Hobie Cat sailing, and stand up paddling.